shopping_cart
Showing 1 of 102 conversations about:
TJG-MD
57
Apr 16, 2016
bookmark_border
Okay, so it is now about 36 hours after my request to Massdrop to look at the price increase from what is most likely a software glitch (see my comments above). I have heard zero from anyone from Massdrop and I am leaving to get out of town (I have had issues using the Massdrop software on my iPhone....some of the software buttons are off the screen and will not scroll). I see only 2 options open to me, because I was willing to commit to $750, but now the price is $850 and I am now listed as a purchase (I find that quite irritating to be honest). I can: A) hope someone from Massdrop eventually takes care of this (although if a 5th person joins, the price would likely fall to $750, unless there is another software issue), or B) I can cancel my transaction. I have decided to cancel my transaction because I feel there is a decided lack of supervision/response on this site. I would also like to know what volume pot is now being used in V2 of this unit, as the first version used a very expensive pot (and the subsequent transparency/imaging may be adversely affected depending on the part used). Sorry to bail on everyone on this drop!
Apr 16, 2016
MWSVette
16
Apr 16, 2016
bookmark_border
Sounds like that is probably best. Massdrop may not the the site for you if you are that easily irritated...
Apr 16, 2016
TJG-MD
57
Apr 16, 2016
bookmark_border
Agreed. Thanks for your opinion. And you have actually purchased what through Massdrop?
Apr 16, 2016
MWSVette
16
Apr 16, 2016
bookmark_border
Yes, 2 TH-X00's, a AKG-K7XX and Grace M9XX. I have found Massdrop to be a great place to purchase. You seemed unhappy that you left a question on a Friday afternoon and that you had not received a response by Saturday afternoon, a weekend day. Massdrop would probably not have the answer to your question regarding the V2 volume control. That would need to be answered by Airist. The other issue that seemed to bother you was Airist adding the 220v option and extending the drop 2 days so others may notice the addition. Then there was your confusion in regard to being a purchase or only committing at the lowest price. If you had only committed at $749.00 and they did not reach 5 sold you would have had not have any obligation to purchase. A little patience may be in order.
Apr 16, 2016
TJG-MD
57
Apr 16, 2016
bookmark_border
Actually, reread the posts. You are mixing up comments and the system did not function as it should have. After the count went up to 9 units, it indicated me as a buy for $850 when the count was back down to 4 (below the 5 threshold) and should have been $750. Asked for clarification and did not get it in time. Again, thanks for comments but recheck the posts. The system did reset properly after I canceled my transaction. Not the first time I have had a glitch on a transaction. BTW the question was posted Thursday afternoon not friday. Check it out.
Apr 16, 2016
MWSVette
16
Apr 16, 2016
bookmark_border
Again sounds like you did the best thing...
Apr 16, 2016
mourip
2
Apr 16, 2016
bookmark_border
TJG-MD. I am with you. I find the method here flaky and dropped out. I may still buy the Heron but will approach Airist directly. I am sure they will at least offer the $850 price and perhaps they have wiggle room beyond that. BTW. For those interested, on Head-Fi they say that according to Airist the volume control issue has been resolved and was limited to the first production run.
Apr 16, 2016
View Full Discussion