Showing 1 of 5041 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
It is a damn shame about no international shipping. Unacceptable!
Read, if you got in early enough there was... AKG's decision.
Chronological order of events
First 24 hours
- limited to 2000 units for 1st run, delivery date was for mid december
- units 2000-4000 and 4000-6000 were to be dropped at different dates in the future
- international shipping was open
- orders skyrocketed from 0 to 900-ish
At 1600 mark
- demand was so high, massdrop decided to ask AKG if they could provide the 2000-4000 units earlier
- AKG agreed, but due to some "trade rule" they had, they disallowed international shipping for the next batch.
- as compensation, massdrop created two options when joining the drop: the mid-december delivery, limited to 2000 units and were automatically chosen by all previous joiners, and a mid-feb delivery for when the 2000 slots were filled up
- massdrop had to close international shipping in order for AKG to give them the next 2000 units
It's because of existing distribution contracts AKG has with worldwide distributors. Why they can't just allow this massdrop event to be international because it's a deal struck between AKG and massdrop to create something the massdrop community has asked for is retarded.
Worded very well. Sums up the current situation.