Showing 1 of 5039 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
I had a read of the warranty card info, as I wanted to contact the local AKG distributor (saving myself the cost of returning the faulty item to MD in the US). Looks like first point of contact is the dealer, so in this case that is MD.
Other interesting points I found:
- The cost to return to AKG is at the customer's expense (as is the risk). Basically I interpret that as 'probably a good idea to buy the optional tracking service when returning the headphones'.
- AKG will assume the return shipping cost under the warranty. For international buyers this might mean we have to pay for shipping to and back from MD.
- Warranty service is only available in the US/Canada (as the product was bought from MD). This means one can't send the faulty item to their local AKG distributor outside US/Canada (probably because they didn't make a profit from the original sale)
- 2 year warranty is only valid for the original purchaser.
- AKG has the option to either repair or replace any defective item without charge for either parts or labor
It is going to be interesting what MD is going to propose as a solution...
I think the Spreadsheet will also help us determine what's the spread of the problems. A lot of users might not fill it in, but if we have a good list of users with their problems, it also tells us the volume involved and the most common problems.
I have added my name to your doc and added another column for Problem details. :)
That's great, and yes that is a good thought I think. Thanks for adding that column!