Showing 1 of 24 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Do you know anything about DAPs? I have some couple questions to ask.
I owned few and auditioned all top notch one until 2017. Currently, I own Fiio x7+Alo Rx iem.
Sure, go on. What are your questions?
I apologize for the late respond.
As I try to get into DAP products... I don't understand why they wouldn't build an amp into their DAP. I hear that these high-end DAP products has a the sufficient power to run headphones with powerful drivers, but what is the limit that it can drive? Why would a DAP be better than other amp products? I assume that DAPs can't drive headphones that has over 100+ ohm impedance???
1) DAPs exist only for portable use (as all in one device) or as portable transport which provide the user ability to choose, preserve, play and manage music.
2) Nowadays, even top notch players are capable to drive full-size cans to, probably, 80% of its potential. The problem is not in the power, many DAPs nowadays have enough power to drive even 600ohm cans and Abyss, but they just can't compete with the quality of desktop amps. To arise this percentage of quality people buy additional portable (1) amps or (2) amp\DACs combines the best of such are: (1) Neco soundlabs V5, Phatlab (all series, but especially Sassy II+GT), ALO Continental V5, RX mkII, (2)Chord Hugo (+v2), Mojo, ifi Micro iDSD (+Black Label), ALO CDM, WA 8 Eclipse.
3) For iems the best additional amps are: Headamp Pico Power, ALO Rx (iem edition).
4) There are no sufficient differences between DACs. Chord Dave (15k$) and Fiio X7 are different, but not so much.
5) all DAPs produce the sound to which brain and ears adapt really quickly and soundsignture becomes boring. This is why people keep switching DAPs a lot - they get tired of sound...
ALO Rx is so much different...I'm using it for a year and never had a thought of switching it...it is magical. X7 as a transport is perfect while ALO Rx is perfect as an amp.
6) AK brand have prices which do not correlate with price\quality their products offer.
Hopefully, my comment will help))