Showing 1 of 4 conversations about:
View Full Discussion Hi all JJ from ASUS - There are few important details not mentioned in our detailing for this headset but are definitely important if you are interested in picking up these headphones.
1. These headphones feature an integrated DAC and AMP. Before it hits the drivers, sound is produced and amplified by a premium ESS Sabre 9018 DAC and 9601 headphone amp. These components support lossless playback up to 24 bits and 96kHz. This is a great combination and improves tonality, soundstage, detailing and warmth. Additionally it will enhance/increase volume levels. Furthermore the DAC and AMP have been carefully tuned to align with design of the headphones ensuring a great audio experience.
2. These headphones are USB based. When plugging them in to a PC you will be able to significantly tune these headphones through our ROG Armoury application.
These options are extensive and can really allow you to tailor the headphones to preference.
3. The headphones were carefully tuned to offer an great stereo reproduction experience whether it be music, movies/videos and games. The virtual 7.1 is very different from those traditionally found on "gaming headsets'. It was co developed and implemented by working with Bongiovi Acoustics.
Unlike some surround-sound headsets, the Strix Fusion 500 doesn’t require drivers or software. After you plug in, 7.1-channel virtualization is activated with the touch of a button. You can customize it through the ROG Armoury app if you chose. The company’s Digital Power Station technology remasters audio in real time based on how humans pay attention to different kinds of sounds. Bongiovi optimized the algorithm for the Fusion 500 using Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, so you can hear your enemies before they get the drop on you.
The plot above illustrates the frequency response across different volume levels; red lines represent a standard 7.1-channel profile, while blue ones show the Bongiovi-optimized equivalents. Notice how the red lines apply extra volume evenly across the spectrum, with no care for the fact that our ears are more sensitive to some frequencies. The Fusion’s custom profile puts more power behind the bass but eases up as the volume increases to avoid muffling mids and highs. Shrill and irritating sounds are dampened at the opposite end of the spectrum to make the listening experience more pleasant, while voices come through clearly in the middle.
4. The drivers are sorted internally to ensure superior stereo imaging. The 50-mm ASUS Essence drivers are dialed for detailed sound with punchy bass. Instead of being capped by plastic, they have metal covers that reduce resonance and distortion. There is some natural variance between individual speakers, which leads to inconsistency between the left and right channels on some headphones. We avoid this by sorting speakers internally to find a good acoustic match. Airtight chambers enclose the space on the other side of the speakers to produce richer sound. Rubber seals bottle everything up tightly and also reduce unwanted vibration.
5. There are two set of headphone pads included with the STRIX FUSION 500. The Fusion 500 hugs your head between comfortable ear cushions tuned to improve sound quality. A mesh fabric covers the outer ring that makes contact with your face, providing a breathable contact surface that’s less likely to leave you dripping with sweat, but the interior is made of synthetic leather that improves acoustic insulation. This is a dual design not seen in headsets. The cushions are carefully shaped to seal sound inside, with oval footprints that match typical ears and subtle bumps at the bottom to fit the contours of your face. We also include a pair of full synthetic cushions if you want something a little warmer or want more isolation.
6. These fully support ASUS AURA SYNC. Meaning if you have any ASUS AURA enabled product (motherboard, graphics card, keyboard, mouse, etc. ) as well as supporting products from partners you can fully synchronize the lighting across all those devices.
7. The firmware is designed to be fully compatible with OSX and apple USB-A computers, PS4 console and Nintendo Switch ( with the Dock ).
8. There are touch controls on the side cup. Allowing you to pause/play, skip track, or adjust volume.
- Items include a 10 band EQ
- Disabling or enabling Virtual Surround with adjustment to how it spatializes
- Optimization modes for specific usage scenarios and game types
- Bass Boost customization
- Voice Clarity customization
- Compressor customization
- Reverb customization
- Perfect Voice & Noise Gate ( which is a DSP which will add noise canceling to your voice, removes the background noise between words and sentences )
We have only formally validated on PS4. If you want to ensure compatibility with XBOX via controller connection ( consider the 300 or the 700 models ). Keep in mind that XBOX requires a special communications chip to be present in the headset for direct connection. We will verify with our HQ team if any of the software updates have extended or enhanced physical connectivity.
Happy 30th anniversary to all ASUS team ✌🏻
Thank you! Would not be able to have reached it without our amazing users.