Follow up after having used the keyboard on and off for a few weeks:
While the keyboard and mouse continues to work marvelously till this date, one tends to notice other aspects of the build of the keyboard with use.
1) The keys have a slight wobble to them - though I do not know if this is characteristic of the switches and keycaps used for this keyboard; or if this a consequence of manufacturing flaw. Regardless, it is not much of a concern; It has made me more conscious of the way I place my hands and fingers when I type though.
2) The mouse's all plastic construction makes it very lightweight, and it uses 2 AAA batteries instead of the AA that is used by the main keyboard itself. It does not seem to have a bluetooth module of its own, so it works only with the included dongle as far as I can tell. Battery compartment layout could be done better as well.
The difference in battery size might be a concern to some, who might find it a hassle to stock both types of batteries. While it doesn't bother me with my routine use of both types of rechargeables, I see this as a valid concern.
Some wouldn't also like the lightweight, but I find that to be a bonus in terms of portability. If there is a concern, it would be with the flimsy buttons themselves, which probably wouldn't last too long. The additional buttons on the side and the centre (behind the mousewheel) do not seem to be programmable as well. So it really is just a basic lightweight wireless mouse. Just don't lose that dongle!
- Some of the reviews mentioned the keyboard not working after a few uses. While that has yet to happen to mine, I believe there are justified concerns about a lack of rigor in quality checks and controls for the production of this keyboard. In a sense,you get what you pay for, and a keyboard with these features going at very low price point compared to other mechanicals on the market, there has to be a catch somewhere; I suppose that gamble on QC is part of it.
- Battery life is excellent, keyboard still goes strong on my rechargeables, haven't had the need to take them for a recharge yet.
- Connection is excellent for most part on my piece, barring the occassional lag. Most of the time though, I can trace the input lag back to my PC, because my phone has far less issues with input lag than my PC does.
As they say, YMMV (your miles may vary), but I still find this a fairly good value for the money, assuming what you get isn't a dud.
Happy typing folks!