Showing 1 of 205 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Hey everyone -- Following on the great success of our community-designed Urban Trapper sprint run, Massdrop is pleased to partner with Boker again to make another special edition from a popular design with premium materials available for under $100. Here's a quick FAQ about this exclusive sprint run:
* The minimum order quantity for this production is 600 units, and the maximum is 2500.
* If 400 to 599 units are sold now, Massdrop will step up and purchase an additional 200 to 1900 units to make the production feasible.
* Any additional units would be made available to the Massdrop community in future drops.
* This first production of 2,500 pieces will be serialized. After, if any further Kwaikens with mirror / rosewood combination are produced, they will be 1) without serial numbers, and 2) only sold on Massdrop, if the community's demand supports Massdrop's ability to have Boker supply 600+ per year.
* The first 400 members who join will be guaranteed serial numbers under 500, after that numbers will be distributed randomly - thank you to the members who join early and drive the momentum that we hope will make this happen!
* Expected delivery is August 31st, 2017. Due to the prolonged wait time for production, we're offering free shipping to all US addresses and discounted shipping for Canadian and International addresses. Thanks in advance for your patience, we'll keep the group posted as we have updates.
Thanks for making this possible! I've been excited to see this launch since I picked up that production sample you see in photos at SHOT Show, and I hope folks will appreciate the shine they put on this blade - I think it's a great new look on a community favorite design. Happy to answer any questions and hope we can make this happen!
The discounted shipping compensating for the wait time is a great idea!
Do you know where the serial number will be on the knife? I'm hoping it'll be a discreet, small font in a tasteful spot on the blade. Possibly even along the spine? It's gorgeous enough as it is in the photos.
I really dislike it when manufacturers emblazon the serial number in the middle of the blade in large fonts. The billboard styled numbering really ruins the aesthetics and beauty of the blade.
On the original Kwaiken VG-10s the numbers are indeed discreetly placed on the spine of the blade, right near the handle. You'll be pleased with the placement.
That's wonderful news. Thank you for the reply! :D
I own 3 other Boker Kwaikens, an Original, a blackwash carbon fiber, and a Tuxedo, all three have their serial number in a small font on the spine of the blade above the pivot. It is tasteful. I'm betting it will be there.
Man I'm jealous of your collection there. Thanks for the photos!
WOAW! Nice knives... I have more than 30.... Too many! (thanks in part to Massdrop).
I think I need to take some pics and all start a pissing-contest-eye-candy thread!
Free shipping for all is better, why should we in Europe pay for this and US not???
And some bonus would be good.......
If everybody cancel their order you will lose a lot I think