Showing 1 of 197 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Hi DigitalRonyn and a happy new from Greece,
I have two problems and two questions about the Katana if you can help me I would be much obliged!
1. I follow the instructions you gave to zloaf about the recognition of Katana as a 7.1 device but when I reach to the speaker setup window it has only one option highlighted "Speakers" and nothing else. (I have the latest Windows update and katana drivers and firmware). Is there a solution?
2. I have a problem with the remote control and I really need it. The Katana is not responding to the remote unless everytime I remove the remotes battery and reinsert it back! That is very strange! The battery is brand new! Any thoughts? And the two questions
1. Is there a way to change between speakers and headphones without inserting and removing the headphones jack (via software for example)? Because as you know it's on the back of the speakers not a very convenient position to use!
2. Do I have to tweak something on the Speakers properties tab to have the best expirience with the Katana? For example on the Enhancements tab or the Spartial sound tab?
- Have you installed the Sound Blaster Connect Software? It helps you install firmware to the sound bar and config all necessary prerequisites.
- That might be the hardware issue. Contact Creative Support for further investigation.
- I suggest you plug in your speaker via USB connection to your PC so that you can have headphone jack available.
Hi, thank you for your response. I have installed the Sound Blaster Connect Software but no change. Is there a manual for this software? I can't find it! Anyway about your problem... try to change the USB cable with a better one (gold platted) perhaps you will see an improvement.
If anyone comes across this post from Google, it's the battery. I had the same issues and the remote worked like a charm after buying a new battery. I'm guessing some of them were shipped with batteries that were next to dead.