Showing 1 of 86 conversations about:
View Full Discussion Pros:
- Very well packaged. Even though the outer box was beat up, everything inside was undamaged.
- Easy set up. Only a couple steps and it's ready to go. (YMMV on how perfectly level you want it to get.)
- Sound quality is rich and full on both speakers and headphones.
- The price. Seriously, go look at models that give you similar features from other companies and you will find that this model punches above its weight.
- The cuing lever is buttery smooth on the way down. No harsh landings here.
- Speed dial. It's great to not have to manually switch the belt between 33/45.
- While the setup is easy, do yourself a favor and download the actual user guide. The quick setup guide is basically Ikea-style directions with very little explanation or descriptions, so it's easy to miss some minor details.
- The RCA jacks seemed a little small, maybe? My RCA cables that fit snugly on all the other equipment I own slipped a little too easily on and off. It's a non-issue once I set it up, and depending on your cables, YMMV.
- Dust cover hinges are a little too springy (i.e. the lid flies open if you don't hold it the whole way back). But again, a non-issue while playing.
I've never met an AT turntable that didn't have a catapult for a lid 🤪
Good review though, I've been looking to upgrade my old pioneer my dad gave me a long time ago, and I'm torn between this, the lpw40 or a U-turn orbit custom...