My DC Aeon2 Open vs Meze 109 Pro's?
I've been eyeing the Meze 109 Pro's now for a while & have done research comparing my current daily driver the Dan Clark Aeon 2 Open (not the Noire version), which I love! Would like to get opinions on whether it's even worth it to pull the trigger on the 109's or am I really just getting what I already have? From what I gather so far, the 109's are going to just be "slightly" better but would love to get some honest opinions from those who either have both or who have tried both or maybe you're very good at understanding the numbers for both & can provide some insight? Thanks guys!!
May 25, 2023
Personally, I do not need another headphone. However, but nothing has headstage like the HD800(S). It's the only headphone which is capable of projecting a stereo image 4" in front of my eyes instead of 0.5" in front. (Speakers can project a soundstage past the wall depending upon my sources and gear). The HD800 even beats SR1a in most aspects of headstage.
- Not a bassier HD800(S). Bass presentation not as thick as HD800S (less third order) and more similar to OG HD800.
- Maintains transient response, the attack, bite, and "snap" of HD800(S), which cork and Vader mods do take a bit off.
- Not as bright as HD800(S), but instead a midrange scoop with a tiny bit of emphasis is lower mids.
- Same expanded slightly diffuse headstage as HD800(S).
- Lower bass extension than HD800.
- Nothing like HD650 (in case you wanted this comparison!)