Showing 1 of 131 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
I mean, they look good, but they are only caps...
I mean, I would totally snatch that from the drop if it was the whole keyboard...
Sick and tired of looking for extra keyboards for new key-caps bought.
Yep. I just got myself a Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard V2, Kailh Box Reds, and some thick black PBT caps! And everything costed less than these sets of caps! This is crazy! (I mean, unless you're a millionaire)
I think it goes a little something like this (i might be incorrect on this one or some of it)
1. BSP imports pbt plastic from China coz let's face it everything cheap will come from China and from what I was told on this discussion thread BSP is a Danish company (COST = pbt, shipping, taxes)
2. BSP will manufacture the blank keycap sets (COST since he/they need to get paid)
3. Hammer will do the dye subbing and if I am not wrong is from China and will need to buy the blanks from BSP (COST = cost of blanks, shipping + taxes)
4. Hammer then will do the dye subbing (COST hammer needs to get paid)
5. Once done Hammer will then ship the finished product to Massdrop? if true (COST = shipping and taxes to massdrop)
6. Massdrop then ships the keycaps to the buyers (COST = Massrop needs to earn money)
Wow! That was smart! Thanks for explaining. I didn't really expect BSP to have to go through so many processes (processes that are long and add on to the cost). Thumbs up!
That actaully does explain the cost, but still does not justify it. I mean, I have no doubts that they are excellent caps, but I would skip on this one. Haha.
But there are still much more expensive keycap sets on the mechmarket in reddit, so compared to that, I guess this one isn't horrendous?!
yeah I won't be joining the buy because the cost does not justify this set even if BSP is the top pbt.. there is always ePBT and I am not a fan of sub legends