Showing 1 of 2440 conversations about:
View Full Discussion Dears,
1) Is this infinity version of the Ergodox still based on the Teensy & open-source firmware like the original (http://jjt.io/2013/11/25/why-any-developer-should-check-out-the-ergodox-keyboard/) ?
From what I see from the picture it would use the MK20DX256 for Teensy 3.1 : https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/datasheets.html
2) Will we be able to configure it (layers/keys/etc.) with the software provided (https://www.massdrop.com/ext/ergodox) ?
3) The LCD is configurable, but how? Is there a link to the code evolution (if based on the original one on Github) ?
4) If I understand and see correctly, there are two LCDs? Are they independently addressable/controllable ? What resolution, capabilities, etc. ?
5) "Each half of the keyboard is a standalone input device" & "Keyboard Interconnect protocol for connecting two halves of the keyboard via USB 3.0 micro-B connector"...
I'm confused : Are the two halves connected together using the USB3 cable and than connected using the USB(3?) cable to the computer (only one half connected to the computer) or both halves have to use a port on the computer ?? There are two USB3 cables provided... one for each half connection to the the computer ?
6) The key caps are not included (optional)? What would be the extra price for a full set of black DCS side-printed or no label keys ?
I'd like to find out before committing to the buy !
Regarding 6: Yes, they're optional/not included. Click Join Now and you can configure it before committing. To answer you directly, there is no side printed option but a blank black DCS set they have priced at $49.99.
1) This ErgoDox will use a version of the Kiibohd firmware that was used on the original Infinity Keyboard, the firmware is also compatible with Teensy 3.1's
2) There will be a new configurator, it will be able to do layers and keys at minimum along with features such as macros and eventually lcd control.
3) Yes, it will be configurable, the code isn't quite ready yet to be released. Per-pixel control will be available first, then I'll implement text level control.
4) Yes each lcd is individually addressable (http://www.newhavendisplay.com/specs/NHD-C12832A1Z-FSRGB-FBW-3V.pdf). The resolution is 128x32 pixels. The APIs to control them may have to be fleshed out depending on what people want to use them for. But all the code will be opensource, and I'm quite open to enhancing support.
5) You plug one of the halves into the computer, then the next one into the other half. Or you can plug both of them into the computer, but you lose any fancy synchronization sequences (shouldn't be a big deal initially).
Thx for the complete response, very informative.
Like others I was wondering at the potential other options being mentioned in the comments and the possibility for those whom have already made a selection to change it if need be. Could you perhaps clarify when you know more ?
I have now joined anyway :D
Massdrop can be pinged about this for more details, but you should be able to change your order at anytime before the drop finishes.
This is absolutely correct, you can adjust your order in My Transactions at any time before the buy ends. Once the buy has completed and we have placed the order, it is much less simple to modify your order, so please do it in the next 20 days!
Guess my question was lost in the flurry of discussion. Still, could we have the keycaps in a separate drop as well?