Showing 1 of 2440 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
So glad I bought the keycaps offered in this drop. The Carbon keycap drop has a long ship date of march 2018. Wtf
Hopefully there will be other keycap drops that will happen soon in your case. But isn't this your second ergodox?
It is my second ErgoDox and I've already ordered my SA Carbon key-caps - but if I had bought key-caps with this drop I could be using the second keyboard in the fall instead of waiting until next March/April.
This is my second ErgoDox as well and I remembered reading some comments the first time that it's better to go with the keycap set than nothing at all. Of course this time I skipped because I still have the DSC set from last time that I've since replaced. I much prefer the DSA profile, but something is much better than nothing. I was able to snag a set of ErgoDox carbons from the closet sale and that was huge. Not much of a wait to get something I really like. I think you can get pretty much any standard set and then go piece by piece for the 12 1.5u's you need at pmk. That's got to be quicker than waiting until next March. Of course, that's assuming money is no real object. If you're willing to buy the keyboard and all the carbon sets necessary, I don't think another $30-$40 for a temp set should be too much trouble.
Personally, I wouldn't want to do stickers. You could buy any regular base set for the alphas and a few of the modifier keys depending on how you want your layout. Then you could supplement that with a blank ergodox set. I feel like I kinda lucked out with the Carbon ErgoDox set because I can buy any regular set for everything else.
just so you know for the future all keycap sets have that long wait, its just how SA and gmk sets are, they have a backed up wait time of at least 7 months.