Showing 1 of 2440 conversations about:
View Full Discussion Six months and 17 days later, and I finally got my keyboard! It works well, looks nice, and having the display for showing the layers is a neat addition. Here are a few recommendations:
- Include a couple of dished keys, the SP DSA set I received had none.
- Include some rubber feet for the keyboard.
- Instructions! Something as simple as an update to the product page with a link would make everyone’s life easier—searching through hundreds of comments for information is getting cumbersome. (http://input.club/devices/infinity-ergodox/infinity-ergodox-build-guide is the link BTW.)
- There is no way to access the button for flashing the firmware without disassembling the case, this is pretty inconvenient if you didn't read the instructions before building the keyboard.
- The USB cables are THICK and inflexible.
For flashing, the MDErgo1 Default layout at the configurator  has a flash button pre-assigned, does that not work? (It is also selectable from the special keys.)
@KoviRobi that should work, but that addition to the firmware is fairly new, I don't know if the keyboards ship with such a new firmware.
I wasn't able to flash using the top left key when on layer 2, so I don't think the board I received had the firmware.
Okay I suggest opening up the case so you can hit the button to get into DFU mode, but then flash with the new default layout or include the flash key in yours.