Showing 1 of 2440 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
My kit has all parts, nothing broken, all keycups are in place, two long USB cables included as other people already reported. I've assembled it in two days, and soldering was not the hardest part surprisingly for me. Full hand acrylic plates are different thickness, so I had to use small washer on one side to make it tight. Then, I spent a lot of time with installing keycaps. Seems like keycup are made of PBT, the thin one, but looks good when assembled. The black keycaps are super tight on the Cherry Clear. They are so tight that when I misplaced one cup at the beginning and tried to take it off using the keycup puller, I've opened the switch instead, luckily it was not broken. From that moment I started to lubricate the stems with silicone lubricant, hope that will help later to remove keycups easier, although I'm not sure. I'll probably disassemble the keyboard's case when I decide to change keycups to be able to hold the switch body in place with something while pulling the keycup.
Then, today I've programmed my Ergodox with Colemak on main level and QWERTY on second layer for guests, everything went smooth, one observation, the board's half should be connected to computer directly, it is not detected by usb driver when daisy-chained.
i too have the full hand option with different size acrylic. one side is about 1mm shy of the top plate and the other is about 2mm. i was really hoping these would be symmetrical as i was planning on cutting the thicker plate to integrate a usb hub in each half.