I haven't posted anything in a little while, but I had to chime in, here. This is a great deal. I doubt it will last the full 7 days, so if you're on the fence, I'd suggest pulling the trigger (deliberately mixed metaphor). Just regarding this drop:
1. This is an awesome price for CONUS.
2. You can get one bottle of each! Yippee!
3. If you're considering this drop, you probably don't need these yesterday.
4. Even with unexpected delays, etc, my experience with Massdrop is that they are absolutely committed to making sure you get what you bought. In the condition you expect.
About the ink:
For those who know, this will be redundant. For those who don't:
1. These are truly unique inks. They have teeny, tiny flecks in the bottle that give your writing an amazing sheen, especially when using larger nib sizes or stubs (remember to shake carefully before filling that pen).
2. These are especially well suited for personal correspondence and calligraphy; they make your writing sparkle, literally!
3. I don't know how wet they write (depends on the pen) or similar properties. I've heard they play well with wet flex pens (think: Noodler's Ahab).
4. They are NOT low-maintenance inks. The pens will need to be cleaned thoroughly before filling, used frequently once filled and cleaned thoroughly after.
5. If you don't think you'll go through a full fill, try only filling your pen 1/2-way.
6. The bottle is beautiful, but the opening is rather small.
Helpful hint: In order to preserve the majority of my bottled ink, I pull about 3-6 ml out of the bottle at a time. I transfer this amount to a 7ml vial (like the ones that the Goulets sell). Then I use that ink (from the vial) in my pen. When I'm done with an ink and don't want to flush away 0.5ml of perfectly good ink, I can push it out of my pen and back in the vial from whence it came. It doesn't significantly compromise the small ~5ml in the vial, it completely preserves the ink in the "source" bottle, and you only lose the ink in the feed when you change inks before you naturally run out.
I don't know if I'll be joining this drop - my funds are severely limited for the foreseeable future. But if you're interested, live in CONUS and don't need these yesterday, I encourage you to join the drop soon. Again, I don't think this will last the full 7 days.
Disclaimer: Beyond being a happy customer and a fairly active poster, I have no affiliation with Massdrop.
I hope this helps anyone considering joining this drop.
ps. Over 60 sold with a 150 limit? No way is this going to last 7 more days (time left as of this post).
Edited: Added "ps"