Interesting, I've owned a black pair of these for 1-2 years now. I think Klipsch just sucks at marketing because these are actually really nice, but I've never heard of them before so I would've never owned a pair had I not randomly stumbled across these at a store.
I can only speak for the black version, but a quick unbiased review:
- The design is beautiful. Easily the best on the market. Very minimalistic though, so nobody's going to be asking you what brand it is or where you got it. You have to experience it first-hand to appreciate it.
- The build quality is there. Cable is solid, connector is solid, joins are solid, and the body of the earbuds themselves are wonderful. Hold the earbuds up by the wire and you'll hear this awesome satisfying click as the ceramic earbuds touch each other. Due to the material of the housing, the earbuds have a bit of weight but they're so small that it balances out.
- Sound quality is solid. Not strong on the low end but that's not unexpected. I'm very happy with the sound, but I'm not an audiophile so that's the best review I can give you.
- The cable is a flat rubber ribbon. Nothing wrong with that, but due to the grippy texture of the cable you'll hear a lot of noise as you move and walk around. Pretty common for earbuds unfortunately.
- The rubber bit of the earbuds is elliptical to better fit your ear, and indeed it's pretty comfortable. Probably the most comfortable pair I've owned actually. But they only stay in my ears reliably if I'm in a regular position (standing, sitting with my head vertical). If I lay down on my back or side, they tend to fall out.
- The housing of the controls is a bit disappointing compared to the quality of the earbuds themselves. It's average-feeling plastic with average buttons. The controls don't seem to work with my Android but it's not a deal breaker for me. Mic works fine.
Conclusion: I'd recommend these, and at $75 you're getting a very good deal. I paid the MSRP of $200 like a sucker but I'm not complaining. But if you're looking for a pair of earbuds for use during your workout routine, I'd suggest you look elsewhere (try to find wireless earbuds actually, as the cable noise issue is definitely not isolated to this model).