Showing 1 of 2733 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Are these pretty different from the hd6xx massdrop. [Im on that list] I'm looking for a closed back that is different but very good.
Can anyone compare the 2, or at least the fostex to sennh sound signature in general? Looking for 2 different style signatures, if they are similar, than I will look at something else. I really appreciate it. No small feat dropping $600 total on phones!!
What kind of music do you listen to? These have slamming bass, the 6xx are much more neutral and precise IMO
I listen to everything, but not electronic and few rap. Mostly rock from sheeran to metallica, country, classical.
Was thinking split my time between 2 headphones.
What about the emu teak?. Would that be vastly different than senn hd6xx?
Fyi I am looking for vastly different.
Fostex 6xx is $400
Fostex emu I think is 500, but detachable cables (currently shipping, not dropping).
Let me know what you think.
I've saved up my $ for awhile. I can afford to get 2 phones. Already ordered the hd6xx. Just need a closed companion pair...
I'm going to leave this to somebody better suited to answer as I've never heard these.
Do you have an Amp/DAC?
- Midrange focused, great for vocals
- "Sufficient" mid-bass thump, mediocre overall bass quality
- Rolled treble, much less hearing fatique
- Open, so a lot of sound leakage
- Very "safe" and laid back sounding
- Very light and comfortable
- Needs a desktop amp, preferably OTL tube amp like the Bottlehead Crack
- Mediocre, detachable cable
- W-shaped sound signature
- Midrange recessed compared to treble and bass, vocals not as good
- Treble smoothed for the most part, but occasionally peaky
- Great mid-bass slam and good extension and rumble
- Semi-closed, but leakage is not a problem
- Exciting sound signature
- Protein leather pads can get hot on ears
- Very long non-detachable cable
- Efficient, does not need any amping
Yes, they're totally different, I tried both of them. To be honest, I'd like to own both of them and nothing more. At the moment I'm waiting for HD6XX.
What about the Mr speaker aeon's??
I realize they are in a totally different price bracket ($800) but I have heard GREAT things about these and the company; it's supposed to be a trickle down of the bigger more expensive ethers. Something to the effect of...it doesn't do 1 thing better than others, but does everything very well.
Obviously, not going to do anything till I get and play with the 6xxs for awhile.
I would love to own a top of the line open pair and closed. I feel with this drop I'm 1/2 way there.
You sure are. The TH-X00's are just fucking amazing if you ask me. I never actually listened to crazy expensive headphones but I heard a few good ones and I can tell that these are just really really good.