Showing 1 of 7423 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
planning on getting a schiit stack for the 6xx, do i go with magni 3 and modi 2, or do i opt for a private sale of 2nd hand vali (1) to go with a modi 2? EDIT: i went ahead and got magni3/modi2, screw it
The 6XX would do better with Vali 2. But Magni 3 is more versatile and better match for planars. I'd say if you looking forward to experimenting different headphone + getting more serious tube amp later, Magni 3 is a solid choice.
That looks like the combo I'm most likely getting
the modi2 is backordered to june 19th :(
If you don't want to wait, contact Schiit to cancel your new Modi 2 order and get the B-Stock for $79. While you at it, consider the Vali 2 B-Stock as well, same price as new Magni 3 - $99.
is the b stock stuff worth getting?
cancelled order and re-ordered B stock modi 2 and vali 2, shipped within an hour of order
Toothless_Snake, it is, if you dont mind scratch n dent stuff, and even then, you may get no flaws on the product, they are fulled tested and retain the 5 yr warranty, considering its entry level stuff anyhow, im in!
Sounds pretty damn good to me. No pun intended.
In the next 2 weeks I will be ordering the stack Magni 3 and Modi 2. So excited :D. Right now I'm using a FiiO E10K Olympus 2 with HD598. So that stack and HD6xx would be a decent improvement.
im going from a PC 360 and SBZ, to HD 6xx and schiit stack, im hoping for a slight improvement...
I'm guess I would be getting the bigger jump in quality.
i think the opposite, sir, lol
That's a gaming headset. So you you will get the bigger jump then. My bad lol.