Showing 1 of 7426 conversations about:
View Full Discussion Pros:
- Impressively detailed and accurate sound.
- Price (if you have a good enough amplifier setup already)
- Comfort is better than many other headphones. Fits large ears and around eye glasses well.
- Open backs create a nice sense of large scale.
If you already have an amplifier that you love, AND you either don't like bass or do like the bass controls on your amp, AND your listening is only done alone at home in private then absolutely buy the HD6XXs. You will love them. Everybody else should think more carefully because these would just be a stepping stone to wanting to spend more money to resolve the above problems.
- Bass is weak with a flat input. Requires an amp with level controls capable of lifting the low end in a way that you will find pleasing and undistorted.
- Requires a lot of power to drive, so needs either a headphone amp or quality hifi system.
- Price in the long term. The above two points require a lot of extra money and experimentation to resolve. So in the end the headphones are not really an affordable solution to everyone.
- Comfort. It's not as good as some IEMs to some people. Plus these headphones clamp your head a little too tightly.
- Open backs leak a lot of sound so these are only usable if you're alone in a room.
Strongly disagree about having to be alone. You'd have to be listening to them loud enough to cause hearing damage to annoy another person.
I mean that I would not use them in an office near other people. Or in a lounge room near other people.