1) Shipping was faster than expected.
2) Install was fairly quick. Parts fit very well, instructions were great and assembly was quite easy.
3) The chair looks very classy - even got that new car smell!
4) Armrest adjustments are really nice.
5) The back rest looks and feels great, and I really like both the neck and lumbar pillows.
6) Customer support was AMAZING when I called during the "tilt" confusion/refund issues. Really impressed and excited to have a great company backing up the product.
1) The seat design might look stunning - BUT the use of the thick/raised seems, especially on the front of the cushion, was a huge oversight in my opinion. I have fairly thick jeans on, and I can feel the thick/raised seems it on the back of my legs/knees. Looking at the V2, I think the smooth edge would be MUCH more comfortable. I am guessing that wearing these with shorts could be uncomfortable for long sessions. Even sitting here typing this, I am feeling quite frustrated with the rubbing behind my knees.
2) The seat is extremely flat, like Iowa flat - without any contour, and it lacks the nice side padding found on the V2 and other versions. So it doesn't hug the sides of your legs/backside like some of the other AKRacing chairs available. I underestimated the difference, and while I am sure it is a personal preference, I do wish I had gone with another version. I think the traditional "bucket" design is much more comfortable. *Hoping it will break in over time and become more comfortable.
3) Due to the above, the comfort of the seat leaves much to be desired. It is firm and will likely break in, maybe my expectations were too high. Definitely not the comfort I was anticipating.
Other Things to Note:
1) Box was missing the head rest fastener - not a huge problem, stays up alright without it. Going to call customer care tomorrow, I have no doubt they will take care of it.
2) The new "Perforated Alcantara" is a dog hair magnet - just something to note.
3) It is definitely more of an office chair than a gaming chair. I was hoping for the comfort of a gaming chair, with the class of an office chair - unfortunately this did not meet those expectations.
I like it... but I must admit I am disappointed due to the seat's raised seems and lack of contour. Even my $40 OfficeDepot special had a nicely contoured seat. I will be recommending friends go get the V2, rather than the Aero, at the our upcoming LAN.
WARNING - Due to the design of the chair, if you do not sit all the way back, it can and WILL - TIP/FLIP forward.
*I was holding my 3 month old, tried to sit down, without going all the way back... and the chair flew forward. Came inches from my daughter hitting her head on my glass office desk.
Quite disappointed in the design of the seat cushion too. The combination of the two materials was not done intelligently. The leather is much softer, and the new material is quite firm. Adding the leather infront means you are always leaning/sliding forward.
High quality office chairs do NOT tip like this. Really disappointed.
Really do not think they put much thought into how much the new material was going to affect the seat. No added contour to help cradle - like a bucket seat, and due to the soft leather upfront, I feel like I am almost sliding/leaning forward off the chair. The difference in softness, between the new material and leather could have been sewn together in a functional and very comfortable manner. Instead I think they just made a random design and ran with it.
Hoping it breaks in much nicer, really feeling more and more disappointed each day. Already leaning towards trying to sell it.
6/21/18 UPDATE: I am very disappointed I decided to purchase this chair, as the seat is still extremely uncomfortable. I prefer sitting in my $40 Office Chair. I REALLY WANTED to like this chair, but I would get rid of it in a hear beat if I could. Again, the seat design was not done with function in mind. The front is softer than the back, so it is not only uncomfortable, but you slide forward. And if you try to sit on the front of the chair - IT TIPS OVER! ...
Unless you are only buying this to have something "gamish" at work, while still having it kind of look like and office chair - my advice? Buy another chair.