Showing 1 of 491 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Should I go with the MCTH or the DV336? I can't find comparisons anywhere. T.T
Some observations of mine between the two:
- The Darkvoice sounds way more tubey
- Darkvoice gives you a lot of options for tube rolling.
-you're going to want some different tubes
- Darkvoice only has a quarter inch port.
- the Darkvoice is waay bigger
- the Darkvoice emits a lot of heat
- there are some quirks to getting it working optimally
- quality control issues are apparently a thing
- the cth isn't as tubey, but has nice soundstage, and sounds punchy in the right ways.
-it's sort of pickey when it comes to tube rolling, I've found not everything necessarily works with it.
-that said the default tube is really nice anyway.
-the unit isn't anywhere near as hot
-has an 4 pin xlr output
I like both in different ways.
Hello! Can you give a bit more detail about the audio differences? I impulse bought the MCTH yesterday lol, and I'm wondering if I should consider getting the DV as well. Thanks!
The Darkvoice is also a fire hazard :v