Showing 1 of 1191 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Mine just arrived today and I am pretty pleasantly surprised. Have a THX00 as well but these are pretty darn great. Earpads feel amazing, nice big and spacious. No issues with the headband, fit me without any issues. So far been listening to a range of genres and this is definitely a keeper.
To your ears, what are biggest differences compared to THX00?
Happy to help. As reference I am using an old iBasso D10 Cobra as my DAC/AMP and playing a combination of 320kbps and V0 mp3s. I am more of a bassy person rather than highs.
- More easy on the listening experience overall. Music sounds more balanced and if I had to use an adjective, fun, to listen to. I had these on the whole day today and have not had any listening fatigue.
- Construction is solid, detachable cable is a LOT shorter than the THX00 which makes it easier to carry around. That being said the THX00 cable is extremely long by default
- Definitely has stronger deeper bass. Playing a track like Melanie Martinez 'Carousel' feels like a subwoofer attached to my ears almost (Love it)
- Has more sparkly highs which is probably why I found them a little fatiguing after a while
- To me it feels the THX00 have more emphasis on both ends of the frequency spectrum and a little better separation of things when there is a lot going on in the audio
- Physically they look more premium with the wood cups
At this stage I can't pick out a clear winner. Also got myself onto the HD6XX drop so New Years will be fun lol
In the past I did have a Beyerdynamic DT990 but that was way too sparkly and sibilant for me. Tried so much to like them but ended up getting rid of them. I also have the Sennheiser IE8 IEMs and will forever love them (Great on planes too).
That's quick, thanks for the viewpoints! I'm in the EMU Teak drop (expecting shipping confirmation any moment) so was curious since it's the same Foster family with the Teaks supposedly being slightly more balanced.
Received the HD6xx a few weeks ago, a great headphone!
I hear the EMU Teak's are a slight refinement of the THX00 so I am a little jealous. They will be an incredible set of headphones for you. Heck, my THX00s can be driven very comfortably by my Note 8 and they sound amazing.