Showing 1 of 990 conversations about:
View Full Discussion 1. Is there a reason https://input.club/configurator/ doesn't work in browsers with third party tracking cookies disabled?
2. Will an internet connection be required to configure this keyboard, or will an offline version of the configuratior be supplied?
3. What type of information is being collected with the configurator?
1. (will have to get back to you on this one, I think it might have to do with the save feature)
2. Yes, if using the configurator (including the upcoming client-side configurator). The compiler suite for generating the firmware is a very large bundle that is hard to package for Windows. Having it online means that the configurator can be simpler and updates to the firmware can be pushed out at the same time.
3. Right now, nothing as far as I know. The client side configurator queries the usb descriptors to see which model of keyboard you have (so it know which keyboard to specify in the UI), the layout itself (so the firmware compilation can happen), as well as the keyboard serial number.
In case of support requests, we'll also have a way to upload USB support info. It's very difficult for us to debug "my keyboard doesn't work" and many users aren't technical enough to know how to provide a list of USB devices on their OS or USB plug/unplug logs.
The other side of this is it's not possible for Input Club to test with every computer + OS combination, providing this data makes it much easier to enhance the firmware to better support your computer. Again, this will be opt-in.
If you want a truly offline solution, you'll need to setup the compiler suite which you can find here (https://github.com/kiibohd/controller/wiki). Input Club will still support this method; however, the expectation is that the user is quite a bit more technical.
As to (1) the configurator at that url runs in an iframe and loads configurator.input.club likely what is happening is it's actually breaking something in WordPress and not full loading the iframe.
As to (2) and (3) HaaTa is correct on both counts.