Showing 1 of 537 reviews about:
See More Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for (after the pad swap)
After reading many mixed reviews, I was worried about the "overwhelming bass" many people were talking about. I hoped that it was just an exaggeration and took a chance and ordered them anyway since I really appreciate elevated bass with the music genres I listen to.
Out of the box, my first impression was that they did have too much bass and it overpowered everything else making them sound muddy with less detail. I didn't hate them but I didn't like them either. I kept listening to them for about a month to see if I would get used to them but I didn't, and buyer's remorse started to set in.
Until one day I decided to swap the ear pads to the other pair that was included in the box and holy s**t did that change EVERYTHING. They instantly sounded different. The bass went from overwhelming and muddy to controlled but still elevated. Details were clearer and everything sounded smooth like butter. Never expected the pads to have such a drastic effect on sound. They are now my favorite go-to closed back headphones. I highly recommend them.
- They really look amazing. The wood finish feels so good in my hands
- No amp required
- Most comfortable headphones I own for long sessions (more comfortable than the HD 58x)
- Elevated but controlled bass. Not too much not too little
- Dark sound signature yet has good detail (I'm sensitive to treble but still want detail)
**Edit: After reading other reviews on reddit, it looks like many others have had the same experience once they switched the pads.
- Technically not a con since they included both pads but the pads they come installed with make the headphones sound terrible in my opinion. Make sure to swap to the 2nd included pair.
Would recommend to a friend.