Showing 1 of 446 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Alphas/Rams/Kobe/Kadet and Exotic!
And in case one is looking to fit a UHK with the Ares colorway? Am I correct that one would have to go for Ares Mods + Ares Ergo + 2x Split spacebars instead of exotic?
I will have to double check - can you please verify the keycap sizes on the following links and let me know?
I looked into this a bit more, and this is what I figured out.
- "Solar Alphas" obviously covers most of the UHK.
- "Ares Mods" nicely provides the required 7x R4 1.25u and the R2 1.5u (tab).
- Unfortunately, "Ares Mods" only contains 2x R4 2.25u, so we're 1x R4 2.25u short.
- The two R3 1.75u "Hard over" keys can provide the "caps lock" and "enter" keys (although "Godspeed" as enter key would've been more appropriate/nicer)
- Then there's the R1 1.5u (backspace). Assuming the wider keys in "Ares Ergo" are indeed 1.5u, that covers that.
- The spacebars on the UHK are R4X 1.75u, but R4 1.75u would do fine as well, so the "Split spacebars"
My conclusion: the UHK in Ares colorway would need:
- 1x "Solar Alphas"
- 2x "Ares Mods" (additional one for the extra R4 2.25u)
- 1x "Ares Ergo" (for the R1 1.5u (backspace))
- 1x (or 2x) "Split spacebars" (2x if both need to be the same color)
Am I correct? Did I miss anything?
BTW: while looking at the Apollo colorway, it seems that Alpha+Exotic does not completely cover the UHK as "Exotic" only as 1x R4 2.25u? I guess the "Ares Mods" is also needed? (In addition to the "Split spacebars").
UHK and other odd keyboards aren't covered by the Ares color scheme unless you grab some kits to frankenstein it such as Ergo, Ares Mods two times, etc. and your legends could be messed. Two HARD OVERs for different keymaps, potentially two ABORTS. Go this route using your own due diligence, the keycap sizes are shown in my website and if you are okay with the look then go for it.
Or you can grab Alphas + Apollo Mods + Exotic + Split Spacebars (and Novelties if you want extra flair.