Showing 1 of 137 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Hi all -
We have a quick update for you on the Massdrop x Noble Kaiser 10 Custom In-Ear Monitors drop. We’ve sent out an email to everyone in this drop with the below information.
In an effort to streamline their operations, Noble has moved its US headquarters to Texas. If you have previously sent your ear impression in to Noble's old address and haven't heard anything back, then you're all set and don't need to do anything else. They are still checking mail at this address, so previously sent items will be received for the time being.
If you haven't sent your ear impression in yet, please send your ear impressions to Noble’s new address:
Noble Audio c/o Jim Moulton, 109 Hwy. 110 S, Whitehouse, Texas 75791.
If you need any assistance or have any questions, Noble is available at email@example.com, and you can always go to your transactions page to connect with Massdrop support.
Brad, I'm very concerned at this point. I've asked numerous questions via support and this discussion with either no answer at all or very minimal information. Let me break this down for you.
1. This is a very expensive, bespoke item. I like supporting Massdrop and am a fan of Noble Audio, but now I have some valid concerns about the immediate and long-term status of Noble as a company.
2. Communication from Massdrop on this drop has been dissatisfying. From simple questions about color and logos to shipping information, all information has been slow coming and usually only after repeated requests.
3. There have been (somewhat jokingly) suggestions that these CIEMs are actually returned items and are being re-shelled, which kind of makes sense given the fact that there is a finite number being sold and the model we purchased had been replaced a year ago.
4. The Noble Audio website has no announcement, no news update, no Tweets, no Facebook posts about this somewhat momentous change.
5. The Noble email address we were given in the update email uses a different, non-company domain (@gmail.com) than those on the website!!!
All it would take to allay our concerns is a simple paragraph or two, or even a link to the Noble press release\news page with some kind of update. Even better would be a short note from Dr. Moulton himself about what is going on.
The email change definitely worries me the most. I had a couple of emails back-forth with who turned out to be Brannan, to try and confirm that my molds had arrived via firstname.lastname@example.org. His replies were via his company email which is email@example.com. Reading between the lines, it is obvious that something is going on behind the scenes. Initially I wasn't too concerned, but the "reassurance" email that just arrived actually has me more worried about the situation @ Noble, or Wizard or whatever the company is now called.
Nothing to get too worried about. We lost a team member, but gained 3 more at roughly about the same time. Jim, my brother, is handling behind the scene affairs, legal, financial etc.
Fumie. His wife, is handling fullfillment and the Japan market. (She is Japanese and has attended several shows in Japan already)
Rico Suave has now joined us full time as well. Rico has been building IEMs with me from day one in Thailand, long before I ever went commercial. He is, as always, a jack of all trades, from product housing design, to spread sheets...
So yes, there have been some changes, and there may be some hiccups from time to time, but the goal is to bring everyone's talents together and build a stronger better company.
@Hefe - thanks for jumping in the conversation.
@DrivenUnder - Per your request, our team followed-up with with Noble and they John was already planning on chiming in. I'm sorry for the poor communication and experience, and appreciate the open and honest feedback. I'll pass along the feedback to the team and we'll work on improving our processes to make sure both simple questions and more basic, fundamental information is provided - especially on more involved, and higher pricepoint drops like this one. Thanks for the patience and feedback.
Dr. Moulton, thanks for chiming in! That really helps, but I think we're all appreciate you specifically addressing some of the issues I mentioned, also.
Glad to hear things are well!
You guys want to reach me, PM me through head fi is best.
FullCircle is my handle
1) imidiate and long term status... I don't have a crystal ball, if I did Id win the lottery. All I know is I have a team that is eager to work.
2) questions not being answered : as mentioined before PM me through head fi and I'll respond asap
3) using parts from returned ciems: Ciems are bespoke and can not be returned to begin with
4) no announcements: didn't really think this was news worthy, not sure if it is today either.
5) e-mails. I'm sure over time that will be sortef out.
The Wizard, the artist, the creator, behind Noble is still alive and well.
Never would. "Rico" means delicious and when used for a person it has a heavy sexual connotation in Puerto Rico. No Puerto Rican parent is looking forward to naming a child with a sexual word like that.