Showing 1 of 1253 conversations about:
TerryEdwinWalstrom
12
Nov 8, 2018
bookmark_border
This would be a 5***** star review if the "dead center" of sound on my headphones weren't slightly right of center. Other than that... I've always wanted Sennheiser headphones due to their reputation among industry professionals and the reverence of top reviewers. I'm priced out of that neighborhood because I'm 71 and retired and like to eat and pay bills :) With the MassDrop HD 58X Jubilee Headphones it would be wrong for me NOT to purchase them $150 is the perfect match up with value and cost for me and my budget. When my headphones arrived I ran them through a battery of comparisons, tests, and a wide variety of formats were used to get the scope of capability in sound reproduction in an absolute sense. I'm not disappointed. Is this faint praise? It shouldn't be. Headphones for a hundred fifty bucks won't turn water into wine. To expect that is silly. What the Jubilee's do, however, is handle everything competently without distortion, coloration, and exaggerating any particular aspect of the music. So, this is a review of the headphones as they ARE rather than a complaint about what they AREN'T. Value received, money well-spent. That's as honest as I can be.
Nov 8, 2018
Muser1994
38
Nov 8, 2018
bookmark_border
I thought I was the only one experiencing this "right of center" issue. Granted, I've experienced it with other pairs so maybe I'm just broken, LOL.
Nov 8, 2018
Utkarsh97
15
Nov 8, 2018
bookmark_border
I know exactly how you feel, I had my M50's back in the day replaced like 3 times cause of that then I started buying more expensive stuff and realized that it's just me not the headphones lol
Nov 8, 2018
Drool
6
Nov 8, 2018
bookmark_border
Set your source to mono and flip them around on your head
Nov 8, 2018
RockyMountains
466
Nov 9, 2018
bookmark_border
What Drool said is worth checking out. Sennheisers are known for good channel matching (at least among the higher tier models). So try flipping them around and seeing if the perceived imbalance shifts, or stays the same. My headphones are slightly biased to the one side, but that's because of my hearing.
Nov 9, 2018
TerryEdwinWalstrom
12
Nov 28, 2018
bookmark_border
I did p55erform the mono test and yes, there is a slight tilt to the headphones. on a scale where 5 is dead center, my Jubilee headset is at 6. In about 75% of listening venues it isn't critical to the experience. The remaining 25% does sort of annoy because I'm so critical. On my laptop I use an equalizer to balance out the soundfield. On my iPhone there is a built-in left/right toggle. If there is some little hack I could perform, I'd do it.
Nov 28, 2018
View Full Discussion