Showing 1 of 1230 conversations about:
View Full Discussion @richardgao , can you help answer some of my questions here?
I am seriously thinking about purchasing this, and I have a couple questions. With the exception of my work computer, all of my computers are Apple products (iMac & MacBook Pro), and I have a disability that often makes my speech hard for others to understand me, especially when using standard equipment on conference calls. I understand that the mic on this unit is superb, based upon the extensive experience of Sennheiser in aviation and other noisy applications.
My main uses of the headset will be:
- Long term watching videos and listening to music (quality is important here)
- Making phone calls through the PC or Mac
- Skype and FaceTime conversations
Against this background, I have the following questions:
- Is the PCV 07 adapter adequate for these uses on the Mac?
- Or would it be better to go with a USB amp instead?
- How does this compare with the HD 360?
- Is it possible to use this unit on an iPhone with an adapter?
You can get the UNP cable through sennheiser that works with a phone or mac, but the length is much shorter. I love it. For music, the quality is not quite as good as a dedicated audiophile setup, but don't let that deter you. They still sound good. I run them through a Creative Soundblaster E5, but the mic functionality through xbox doesn't work that way. I haven't tried through my computer yet for skype/facetime, but I think it should (should!) work.