Showing 1 of 46 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Had mine for about a month now and thought I'd leave some thoughts for the rest of you considering this drop in the future.
- My house has never been cleaner. Set it to run twice a week and the hardwood floors and area rugs are always free of debris and general grit that tends to accumulate otherwise
- I'm seriously impressed with how much crap it manages to find in a single run, even with a 2x weekly schedule in place
- ~~No~~ firmware updates, despite bugs in the software. Mine wouldn't connect to the WiFi initially because the WPA2 key was too long and/or too complex. Instead of giving me an error, the entire robot would completely freeze up, requiring a factory reset just to recover. It took considerable trial and error to resolve, and Support was not very helpful: "We know this bug and might fix it, but who knows when" was basically their response. EDIT: A firmware update was released!
- Occasionally launches itself down the staircase, despite the sensors being clean and presumably operational.
- ~~No App notifications!~~ Seriously, what the heck! If it gets stuck, needs a bin change, or ends up down the staircase, all you're going to get is a "beeep boooop!", no status updates or notifications via the app whatsoever. EDIT: Ok, so I'm getting some notifications. Seemy reply comment below.
- No remote control if the robot is on a different SSID as the mobile device. Not that I have much use for this feature to begin with, but thought I'd mention it.
- No IFTTT integration.
Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase however if I had to do it again, I'd have saved the cash and gotten the D85 model (no WiFi) instead. Until Neato Robotics starts putting real functionality into this aspect of the product, it's just a waste of money IMO to get the WiFi model. Even something as simple as integrating with IFTTT like Samsung has, would be worth it to me to then pay extra for the WiFi model.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm getting some notifications, but way too basic. However, they improved software quite a bit recently, and there's hope for some unofficial releases.
I contacted support, and it sounds like I should be getting more notifications than I was. That said, Neato released a firmware update (2.2.0) last week, and that has since resolved my notification issues, and also introduced a new feature where the app will show you the floorplan map of your house as seen from the robot's sensors - now when the robot gets stuck, the notification includes a thumbnail of my home with a little marker showing where the robot is stuck - considerably more useful than before. If Neato keeps up adding features along these lines then they stand to add considerably more value to their product in my opinion.
One of my ultimate 'wish list' features would be the ability to assign a name and maybe boundaries to the floorplan, so I can then tell the robot to 'go clean the kitchen' and not have to pick him up and move him there.
Here's a link to the latest update in case anyone needs it: https://www.neatorobotics.com/my-neato/software-update-connected-robots/#
That's my ultimate wish list item too. The magnetic strips work, but having named sections is way better.
Having seen what they've added, I guess it's pretty reasonable to hope for this feature.