Showing 1 of 163 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Just about to drop on the TM26, however what are your thoughts on the Thrunite TN32.
Really don't know what one to get.
The TM26 is definitely fancier with its OLED screen which is unique, cool, and actually useful according to most people. But the Thrunite TN32 uses a single XM-L2 running at (most likely around) 6 amps. A single XM-L2 running this much power does have me slightly concerned about its lifespan but it is still covered by their standard warranty. This along with a very deep and well designed reflector, allows the TN32 to throw to about 1000 m or 1 km! It is not quite as bright as the TM26 but it almost looks like a laserbeam. This light on the other hand is brighter overall but has a much wider beam with still pretty decent throw of about half as far as the TN32.
-Both are very bright.
-Both are well made by generally well regarded companies.
- The TM26 being brighter overall with a wider flooding effect
- The TM26 is a little more compact.
- The TM26 looks cooler because of its fancy but not gimmicky OLED screen.
- The TN32 is the throw king at least between these two.
- The TN32 has a single XM-L2 running at a high power which concerns me about its lifespan a little bit.
Overall its a question of what you want throw vs flood. With longevity and the OLED uniqueness also being of somewhat importance.