Showing 1 of 103 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Ahhh I got an assembled vanilla white fox with cherry mx browns (after trying to get any of the zealios/gateron kits/assembled)! I'll be swapping out with Zealios at some point, but I'm super pumped. Fingers crossed for round 1, I'd feel very lucky if so.
I was only able to buy assembled one with gateron blue, but I actually don't want that switches and plan to desolder and swap. So I just wanna ask how to desolder? Is it that hard and will it easily damage the PCB?
I've soldered before, but never switches. Desoldering doesn't look too hard if possessing a semblance of a steady hand. This link shows how to do it on plate mounted switches:
Looks not that hard! Thanks! Going to buy zealios soon then!
In addition, are you going to swap to zealios? If so what's the difference between 65 67 75g zealios purple? Don't know which one to choose.
I was actually hoping to get that one and I ended up with MX Blues. Is there a way to trade, would you be willing?? :)
I got a 67g zelios kit. I may be willing to part with it....I placed an order thinking I would have until the drop ended to decide & possibly cancel it, but since everything sold so fast it's mine now.
FWIW, whitefox is supposed to drop again in the very near future. Matt3o said on his blog Q1 of 2017 and since that is just about over I wouldn't be shocked to see it in the next few weeks. Maybe even next week, perhaps MD wanted to clear out all of these Whitefox boards while demand is still high before the next round drops and everyone can get one easily.
Refers to the bottom out force.
67g tactile (purple). I'm kind of torn on whether I want it to be R1 or R2. A R1 board would be nice for the etching, etc but the switches will likely be R3 zealios then which may have the wobble issue. Based upon the timing of everything, I'm pretty sure that the R2 boards will come with R4 zealios so that wouldn't be an issue but you do miss out on being R1. My R5 zealios actually shipped today so I may just use those if I get a R1 board take use the kit keys for something else.
Regardless, I probably won't part with this one until the next drop starts at the very least. There were supposed to be additional improvements so I might wait to check those out and then sell it after the drop ends to one of the inevitable people who post that they missed out the day after the drop ends.
Good point, I'll likely wait till the next drop before I act. If anything I'll be getting Purple 65 or 67 R5s -- hopefully any instability issue from R1 or R2 is cleared up.
Apparently there's another drop coming soon - I'm probably going to wait and see. Do you live near the Philly area?
Nah, I'm across the country on the west coast. Oh well. :)