Showing 1 of 258 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
There is a bit of confusion in regards to to the batches. Basically there was a slight disconnect initially between our batch 1 and the vendors batch 1. This was in name only and these were shipped per Danny's updates.
Batch 1 only consists of 2 units while batch 2 is nearly 40 units. As you can see there is only a 4 business day difference between the two batches shipment. Also UE has said that they are making great progress and these might be shipped slightly earlier than expected!
Sorry for any possible miscommunication.
So that means only two people are in batch 1, and what was shipped on the 16th was simply held until the ones shipped on the 5th are completed?
It also means that for the majority of the Massdrop first batch, they'll have spent 17 business days on them...
I am with you @wild_one. I just can't help but feel extremely frustrated. The promised turnaround time is nowhere near the actual turnaround time.
Here's a timeline of what was promised and then what actually transpired.
1) The first batch will be sent on 12/16/2014.
2) Massdrop states UE has "an impressive turnaround time of less than a week."
3) Communication breakdown--the UE lab will be closed from 12/20/2014 to 1/4/2015.
4) Update after learning there will be a significant delay--UE has this drop as their highest priority. Hope to deliver finished product back to customers NO LATER than mid-January.
5) On 1/6/2015, Massdrop receives UERM's for the three customers who had their ear impressions taken at UE's Irvine office (let's call this batch #0), but delayed shipping them to customers until 1/12/2015 because they did not have adequate shipping boxes on hand.
6) What was originally sent by Massdrop to UE as the "first batch" from step (1) was somehow disconnected into 2 batches (noted by Hassan as Batch #1 and Batch #2, which is what I will use to refer to them going forward).
7) In reality, as confirmed by Hassan, Batch #1 only contains 2 units. Batch #2 contains 40 units.
8) UE will ship out Batch #1 to Massdrop by 1/21. Massdrop will ship to customers on the same day.
9) UE will ship out Batch #2 to Massdrop by 1/27. Massdrop will ship to customers on the same day.
The following is what I have issues with:
A) Why was it not communicated between Massdrop and UE--and then to customers--from the start that UE would be closing shop between 12/20/14 and 1/4/15? Why was this only found out AFTER the drop had ended?
B) Why it took close to a week for Massdrop to acquire appropriate boxes to ship units from batch #0.
C) How "an impressive turnaround time of less than a week" turned into a turnaround time of approximately 20 days assuming UE received the first round of units sometime around 1/8/2015 (this is with regards to Batch #2 as the majority of units are included in this batch). What happened to getting the final products to customers NO LATER than mid-January?
D) Why countless customer inquiries were ignored by both Massdrop AND UE for over a week. Not until just a few hours ago did Massdrop finally open up and provide a meaningful update.
@Sherlocked....Great post. Spot on and covered the events exactly as I recall them. I almost posted something in the head-fi thread but elected to leave it alone. I'm not trying to be malicious but the customer service on this one is poor.
I've been throwing a lot of business at MD in the last several months. Disappointing.
Admittedly, in Danny's email, he never used a declarative statement for the time frame, but prefixes "hopeful" to what would have been a game-changer. Still doesn't change anything else, but best to have all the facts straight.