Showing 1 of 308 conversations about:
DaSch
3
Oct 9, 2017
bookmark_border
Is this recommended as first Amp/DAC with the Beyerdynamics DT1990 and HD600? Or would you go for a a cheaper solid state amp?
Oct 9, 2017
Keefer
247
Oct 10, 2017
bookmark_border
I own the Beyerdynamic DT1900 Pros. Great headphones. I also own Woo WA3 and WA6 amps. If you don’t own a DAC, this is a super nice amp/dac solution. If you own a quality dac, I LOVE the WA3 amp and DT 1900 combo. High end, tube goodness tone at mid-fi prices.
Oct 10, 2017
escknx
25
Oct 10, 2017
bookmark_border
Can't say about Beyer, but it will perfectly compliment Sennheiser. Should add some warmness to HD600, plus its beautifully designed.
Oct 10, 2017
DaSch
3
Oct 10, 2017
bookmark_border
If I go for a seperated DAC/Amp solution, which DAC can you recommend in combination with the Woo WA3?
Oct 10, 2017
fatdicks
13
Oct 10, 2017
bookmark_border
Its a good dac amp from what I have ready and is from what I heard entry level hifi. Your headphones would appreciate it.
Oct 10, 2017
Keefer
247
Oct 10, 2017
bookmark_border
You need to ask yourself a few questions. What are you using as the source component? A cd player, dap (digital audio player) turntable etc. What is your budget? Are you building a desktop/computer stereo or is the dac going to be a stand-alone dac in a home stereo system?
I personally run a cd transport to a Cary Audio 100t DAC. I also use an Astell & Kern AK100II high res player to the dac, then output from dac to the Woo amps. I use the WA3 75% of the time and maybe hook up the WA6 the other 25%. I prefer a warmer, laid back, spongey-tubey tone as compared to the more dynamic, quicker, solid state tone of the WA6. Both amps will play well together with your HD600’s and DT 1900 pros.
If budget is a factor, you can run a dap directly to the amp using the built-in dac of the high res player. You simply use the headphone output (usually its a digital out in a quality dap) to the RCA in of the amp. You can always add a better dac in time. My Astell Kern dap sounded very good hooked up directly to the Woo amp.
Hope that helps....
search

search
Oct 10, 2017
DaSch
3
Oct 10, 2017
bookmark_border
Thanks for your help and time.
Oct 10, 2017
Keefer
247
Oct 10, 2017
bookmark_border
No problem. Remember this is a fun hobby and to enjoy the music.
Stick with quality components. Buy the best you can afford. Take care of your gear and it will take care of you. As you upgrade, quality name components will be easier to sell at higher prices. Woo, Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic are all good examples of quality, name components.
Good luck
Oct 10, 2017
TiffanyPoodleslide
1291
Oct 11, 2017
bookmark_border
I own the WA7. I use it with Beyerdynamics T1 Teslas, DT 880's,(actually, the entire line 770's through T1's all 600 ohm cans), as well as my Sennheiser HD600's, and it does a very nice job. I use the DAC out to DAC my WA2 and my WA6. All very nice compliments to the Beyerdynamics and Sennheisers.
Oct 11, 2017
Soundgod
4
Jan 4, 2019
bookmark_border
Hey, I am considering a WA6 vs a WA7. I have a HD6XX and a Audeze LCDX. Please tell me the difference between them.
Jan 4, 2019
View Full Discussion