Can the Mech Keys community help me find my perfect TKL?
Real quick overview of my interests:
And finally, my budget: Something around the Massdrop CTRL is my absolute top-end limit, and I'm really not too keen on spending THAT much. I'm Canadian and will be thoroughly thrashed with currency conversion & border tariffs. The CTRL for example will cost updwards of $280 CAD after conversion & shipping, easily over $300 if the border decides to charge me. Which they love to do. Especially from Massdrop orders. So, help me save a buck or two if you can by staying as far from $200 USD as you can!
If you need any other deets from me, please don't hesitate to ask!
- I've owned MX Blues, Reds & Browns, and Browns are my fave. Clicky but not noisy. Open to alternatives!
- I've owned full size and "90%" boards (numpad instead of arrows & control section), and am no longer interested in a numpad. Really like the small size of my current Quickfire TK, so I figure TKL is the way to go.
- Must have some lighting, white or RGB. Preferably RGB. Never used non-chinethrough keys, are the characters legible in low light? I just need to see what I'm doing without lots of lights on elsewhere.
- I'd prefer black or dark grey like the Massdrop CTRL. Really like the muted, modern look. Not really looking for vivid colors, bulky designs or "gamer style" on my keyboard.
- Not concerned about mobility as it'll stay home, not really too worried about specific connectivity options (should I be?), and open to brands other than what I've explored in the past (Razer, then Logitech, then Corsair, and now Coolermaster)