For mainly Linux, and some Windows 8.1 use, I've been looking for a mech keyboard similar in spec and design to the Gigabyte Force K85. No shouting keyboard. :
- full size
- trimmed right around the keys (no excess, no palm rest)
- floating keys design
- static colour, or off (the other modes and effects are not necessary for me).
But with :
- per key RGB colour selection
And maybe :
- all characters moved to the top of their key cap, over the led
- all the key caps with 2 characters, have the characters side-by-side at the top of their key cap, over the led (like the row of numbers on the Sharkoon Skiller Mech SKG3)
If the Sharkoon Skiller Mech SKG3 did not have the excess metal across the top and bottom it would have been a candidate.
Could you guys and gals push me in the direction of one or more candidates ?
I'm thinking of giving up.