This product is a bit confusing. It is said the only stupid questions are the ones you don’t ask so I am asking. Are these products complete keyboards or are they a set of little caps that fit over the keys on a PC’s keyboard? If it is a complete keyboard set are cords/cables included? How do you get the right size caps that will fit on my current keyboard? Thank you!


May 21, 2021
Sounds like this is your first venture into the world of custom keyboards. Welcome, and thanks for the not-at-all-stupid question! As others have posted, these are just keycaps that sit on top of the mechanical switches that actually make a keyboard work. They're pretty and sculpted a little differently from most mass-market keycaps, but they're functionally the same - at this level, it's about a e s t h e t i c s. If you don't have the right kind of switches, these will not work on your keyboard. If you want to know for sure, go ahead and yank one off your board and look at the posts underneath. For Cherry MX-style keycaps like these, the posts need to be shaped like a little "+" sign. If you see anything else, you will need a different board with compatible switches for these keycaps to fit. The mechanical keyboard community can be a real rabbit hole, and first-timers are often shocked by the level of detail and customization that can go into a single keyboard, to say nothing of the pricetags. This hobby definitely isn't for everybody, and if you're happy with your current keyboard and can't fathom why anyone would spend potentially hundreds of dollars customizing a piece of equipment that can be had much more cheaply, feel free to move on and spend your hard-earned cash on something that makes more sense to your life. But if you're at least a little intrigued about what we're doing here, have a look around the Drop site and see what's on offer and what people are saying about it. (Unfortunately, most keyboard marketplaces aren't so user-friendly, which is admittedly a barrier to entry for many.) And if you want to see even more ambitious projects, hop over to the r/MechanicalKeyboards subreddit to see what all the fuss is about. Thanks for your interest and happy typing!
May 20, 2021
This is just the keycaps. Assuming your current keyboard is compatible with this set (size of the keys, posts), you pull the existing keycaps off (ideally using a keycap puller) and replace with this set.
May 20, 2021
This is just for keycaps, no keyboard included.