Introducing Drop + THX AAA ONE Linear Amplifier
With the success of the AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier (and now the Panda Wireless Headphones), our partnership with THX is only getting stronger. Now, we’re excited to announce our latest collaboration: the Drop + THX AAA™ ONE Linear Amplifier.
The ONE will be the new entry point for ultra-clean, linear sound in a desktop headphone amplifier. Just like the 789, it’s designed to optimize your audio experience. While the 789 provides more power with its balanced design, the ONE will still drive most headphones with ease. It’s also built with an all-metal enclosure to protect the technology inside. Now we’re including a pre-amplifier output that allows you to connect the amp to a powered speaker and switch back and forth between headphones and speakers on the fly.
Here are some other highlights:
We can’t wait to bring this amp to market. Stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks—and as always, if you have any questions or comments, leave them below.
The Drop Team
- Ultra-low distortion AAA™ circuit with high-voltage swing
- Ultra-low noise THX architecture (less than 1 uV of output noise)
- Power to drive demanding headphones with ease (Up to 2000 mW at 32 Ohms, 1000 mW at 16 Ohms, and 275 mW at 300 Ohms)
- 3-position gain switch (allows for fine-tuning of signal-to-noise with any headphone or IEM)
- Ultra-low noise pre-amplifier output (Use the ONE to drive active desktop speakers or a dedicated power amplifier in a home stereo setup, and easily switch between headphone-out and pre-out with a dedicated button)
- High-quality aluminium chassis (which also works to shield the electronics from RF and other external noise)
- $199 MSRP Target