Showing 1 of 22 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
Look at the 8 watches available right now (technically one is a clock).
Put the watch section out of its misery, Massdrop. This is like watching grandpa soil himself at the restaurant. No one wants to be there, but no one can look away. That’s you, Drop. You’re incontinent Grandpa now.
And one has been available for the last six months! Impressive lineup heading into the Labor Day weekend
Maybe they're punishing us for making fun of all the watches we've tortured with our merciless taunts over the past few months?
Regardless, there certainly has been a change in offerings since the site's re-hash--not to mention the ghost-town like community we seem to have inherited as a result.
Reminds me of my time share in Chernobyl...very quiet neighborhood.
Watchyoutalkingabout, your taste is undoubtedly better than mine, but IMHO the last 60 days or so have witnessed Massdrop offer the following rather appealing watches/accessories:
So, I agree that Massdrop has had several offerings that have not interested me, this Ice Watch BMW watch being among them. However, I think that Massdrop has had several offerings that have appealed to me. Moreover, Massdrop has exposed me to styles, models, and brands of which I had limited awareness. And, finally, Massdrop has exposed me to the opinions of other aficionados, which undoubtedly has helped refine my own taste. I would hate to see Massdrop "put the watch section out of its misery". That's a bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater, right?
- - Hamilton Railroad Chronograph: Nice. If I didn't already have a Tag-Heuer Formula 1 Calibre 16 Chrono and a T-H Carrera Chrono, I might have bit on this one.
- - Seiko 5 Baby Monster: Nice, but I already had a Gen 2 Orange Monster.
- - Seiko Prospex Solar Chronograph: Love the one that I already had.
- - Orient Mako III: Love it, but I already had an Orient Ray II (through Massdrop).
- - Arcanet Premium Watch Winder: Appealing, but I had previously bought numerous Wolf winders through Massdrop
- - Oris Big Crown Pointer Date Automatic Ladies Watch: Bought it for my wife through this Massdrop offering. She LOVES it.
- - Seiko SKX Diver: Great watch. But again, I already had a Gen 2 Orange Monster and a Prospex Solar Chronograph Diver.
- - Orient Mako XL: Very appealing. But again, I already had an Orient Ray II.
- - Citizen Satellite Wave World-Time GPS Solar Watch: I am probably in the minority, but I found this attractive. It inspired me to buy a Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Navihawk Atomic Watch (from the big A).
- - Wolf Roadster Watch Winder: Again, I had already bought numerous Wolf winders through Massdrop.
- - Gevril Wallstreet GMT Automatic: The Rolex Batman GMT is a my "watch for a lifetime", but the price is currently and for the foreseeable future beyond my means. I might have bought this Gevril homage to tide me over if I hadn't already bought (and still love) a Christopher Ward GMT Diver.
- - Orient Bambino Automatic: Great looking watch, but I already own a T-H Carrera Twin-Time which fulfills my need for a dressy automatic.
- - Arcanet 6+2 Winder: Proposed purchase got vetoed by my wife, who correctly pointed out that additional winder capacity would lead to additional watch purchases!
- - Muhle-Glashutte Seebataillon GMT Automatic Watch: Still kicking myself for not jumping on this one.
- - Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic Chronograph: Another instance where I regret passing on an offering. I don't have a nice automatic "Field" style watch.
- - Wolf Viceroy Watch Winder: Again, I already had several Wolf winders.
All true, but we're a pretty fickle audience these days. Probably MD's fault too, because as you point out, we're all more interested in, and better informed about, watches than we would otherwise be, without the MD watch section.
We are the monsters, they created!