Newb question: Looking for 1st mech keyboard with specific features
Hello, I've never had a mechanical keyboard, and I think I'm ready to jump in. Many enthusiast posts here, but info for beginners is pretty scarce.
I'm looking for advice on finding a keyboard. I think I want the following features:
I'm looking at a Corsair Strafe that has all of this except the detachable USB cable and is only around a hundred bucks. Are there better options for me? I'd really like it if my first purchase checked all of these boxes and got me hooked.
- Cherry MX Red switches (or similar?)
- Standard layout (104 keys) (not opposed to ergonomic)
- Sturdy base (prefer black or a dark color)
- Detachable USB cable
- Media controls with a roller/scroll wheel
- Per key RGB lighting
- Shine through keycaps (I want PBT, I think?) (mostly black or dark to start with, I can buy more keys later, right?)
- I'd like to keep this under $150, but I'm willing to spend a bit more if it will get me everything and is significantly better.