$500 - $1000 upgrade paths
I love music, but I'm not an audiophile. I haven't the ear. But I do know what I like.
Taking these as a given, if I was going to drop a modest sum like $500 or maybe even $1000 here, what -- in YOUR opinion -- gives me the biggest upgrade over where I am now?
- I listen to music on Sennheiser 595s
- I have Bose noise cancelers and love them but don't regard them as being exceptionally hi-fidelity
- my favorite earbuds were a pair of old style UE Triplefi 10vi , from before Logitech bought them. I've had Sennheiser IEs and Sonys and Apples and Shures and Boses, but never had a full on IEM.
- I listen to a wide range of music, some of which is quite lo fi and analog, but some of which is acoustically interesting. Again, not cutting edge as I haven't the ear, but the last five bands I had on repeat were Mogwai, Iron Maiden, Lord Huron, Lacuna Coil and The Birthday Massacre, so i obviously dig bands that can bring powerful sounds to bear.
- I currently serve most music off iTunes or Amazon Music.