Showing 1 of 379 conversations about:
View Full Discussion
"is just like the original CTRL, but now it comes with a tall CNC-aluminum case"
So, they basically made it more like Keychron's K2?
Some people like the floating key design / low profile case. Others like high profile.
To each their own
And that has to do with my comment... how?
High profile cases are common. Just because someone uses the design, doesn't mean that it's a direct copy. Then you can go into the conversation of who developed it first.
I thought your laughing faces were a sign on mocking. Like mocking someones keyboard case preference.
You couldn't be more wrong...
This is not the first run of the CTRL High-Profile. Massdrop first set up a group buy for this board in October of 2018, whereas the kickstarter for the Keychron K2 first ran April of 2019.
Additionally, the CTRL Hi-Pro and K2 are not similar keyboards:
If you wanted to claim that this is a clone of something, you could do a better job. There are many aluminum high-profile tenkeyless keyboards, especially expensive ones. To name some examples:
- the K2 has an 84 key AKA "75%" layout with no gaps between clusters of keys whereas the CTRL Hi-Pro is "Tenkeyless", in other words using the standard layout minus numeric keypad popularized with the IBM Model M SSK
- the K2 lacks hot swappable switches
- the CTRL Hi-Pro lacks bluetooth capability
- the CTRL Hi-Pro is more than double the weight of the aluminum K2
- the CTRL Hi-Pro is available in gray
- the CTRL Hi-Pro has more switch options available from the factory
- KBDfans KBD8x
- Norbauer "Norbatouch" cases for Cooler Master keyboards
- Norbauer "Norbaforce" cases for Realforce keyboards
- IKBC MF-87
- Varmilo Sword 87
- Tex TKL Aluminum Cases
Wow! so much noise for such a non-important, boring and joking comment! I endorse passion for keybs, but this is just... disconcerting. Next answer to this might be... I don't know, a campaign to ban me from Drop? Cheese and nachos! I mean, crackers! Oh, I get it. You will protest for the nachos and start a rant about crackers. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣