Dec 7, 20178119 views

How to connect Headphone amp to PC?

So I recently aquired the HA-200 and I wonder if there is any way to connect it to my PC? I figure I might need another peice of tech for that but I'm not sure what in that case... Thanks in advance!

Personally as someone who used a fiio e10k as a dac and a JDS labs atom amp. I didn't notice a difference using them with the e10k as dac or my onboard audio as a dac. I would just get a RCA to 3.5mm to the back of your PC honestly. If you don't hear any hissing/distortion in your music with your headphones then I doubt your dac is bad at all from the PC to run it.
If you have an amp but haven't gotten a DAC yet and just want to use the motherboard DAC for now, should you have the sound output of your computer cranked all the way up to 100 going into the amp?
Simplest way is a cable/adaptor from your pc's audio/headphone out to the input jacks of the amp, but through this you will not get good sound. My advice is to use some signal purifier (look at some Ifi products, for example) before feeding it into a dac then lastly to your amp and headphones/speakers. That way you can get clean audio instead of converting all the noise and amplifying it :)
You're gonna need a DAC to connect it. You could use an adapter to just use the 3.5mm output of your computer, but that's cheaping out and effectively negating the benefit of a good amp because you're still going through the cruddy DAC in your computer. If you only want to get it working, you only need an adapter, but if you want quality, you need to buy a DAC
Good straight explanation here; you will also see why you want a good player app and to get quality music files,, a guide to spending more;)
The HA-200 is an amp only, you need a DAC to convert the digital computer file to an analog signal to send to the amp. The cheapest (quickest) option is on board DAC on the computer, use headphone jack with a 3.5 mm to RCA cable ( But with this nice of amp/headphones--this is a subpar option. I highly recommend looking at Schiit Modi 2 or the amps companion DAC--the NuForce DAC80 or their less expensive options.
Load 2 more comments
I have Beyers DT1990 and my PC DAC is good so i guess ill buy the  Massdrop THX\AAA\789 and im good to go right?!
um, like I messaged the OP, you can use your computer DAC. But with the level of equipment you have, it is a subpar set up. Spend another $100 or so and get dedicated DAC. See Schiit, NuForce, and Topping for some entry level DACs. If you didn't buy the amp, look at