Desktop DAC/Amp: Would I benefit?
- Senn HD-6XX (w/ balanced 2.5mm cable)
- KZ ZS10 pro (w/ balanced 2.5mm cable)
- Radsone Earstudio ES100
A friend introduced me to Drop a couple years ago and I've made a few audio purchases, as you can see above. I enjoy my gear and my listening situation, which 98% of the time is iPhone to Radsone.
Still, I do look at DAC and Amp offerings (or, DAC/Amp offerings) on here and sense that I could be enjoying my music much more with some additional investment...and perhaps a change of source.
- Nearly 9,000 tracks in iTunes (192 kbps AAC)
- Some hi-res tracks (around 35 albums on BluRay-Audio or DVD-Audio)
Thanks in advance
- Given that most of my current listening is via iTunes with compressed tracks, would I (should I) experience a noticeable difference?
- Could anyone attempt to quantify the difference between listening via Radsone vs. a good quality desktop unit (i.e., maybe the Radsone is 5 or 6 out of 10 and the DROP O2 is a 7 or 8). I understand this is highly subjective and not always easy to express.