DAC/AMP choice - please help
OK... I am going thru forums, reading and watching reviews for DAC/AMP combo for my pc and... seriously i do not know which one to choose. Here is my 'wish list'... maybe you can help...
Main goal is to... like everybody i guess: listen to music / watch movies / gaming. Gaming is priority. I am not audiophile (sorry). But I do appreciate good sound quality.
Does anything like this exist?
Closest to all checkmarks is Sennheiser GSX1000... i guess... not the newest technology though (unit is pretty old?)...
Next one is Schiit Hel (no equalizer though).
Looked at Schiit Magni + Modi (no mic, equalizer is another $100)
Looked at Soundblaster G6 - it is dependable on drivers/software.
Anything else out there?
Which one would you chose?
Oh... and current headphones: 6XX, maybe I am going to upgrade in future...
- will not 'break the bank' - preferable under $200...
- I would prefer it to have mic input but it is not a 'must' requirement.
- I would prefer it to be 'external' device. Not a must though. Need controls on the desk though.
- I would prefer it to work 'driverless'. So... hardware-based.
- I would like it to have some kind of hardware equalizer.
- I would like to be able to connect (computer) speakers and headphones the same time
- it does not need to be 5.1/7.1 etc. I prefer good stereo over these systems.