I just got the brass version of this one somewhere else other than MD, and I have to say that so far it's been close to great, but a bit of a mixed bag:
1. It's hefty and seems to be well made. Nicely finished.
2. 3 light levels are well chosen, and high is definitely very bright
3. I got the LED with the warmer tint, and I have to say that it may not be as bright as the cool white, but it's very nice! Very easy on the eyes and a warmer colored light.
4. Doesn't tail stand
5. Clicky is a bit wobbly, but not objectionable. It is also a nice chrome metal
6. It seems the lens reflector glows a feint green for some time after it's been turned off
7. Batteries rattle around a bit inside tube... which may be the cause of the main caveat...
8. At least on mine, if you shake the light or even if it slips in your hand abruptly, the light level automatically changes! It'll toggle onto high all by itself if I point it up or in a different direction. I think it's because the batteries shift inside and when they momentarily lose contact, it thinks it got a tail switch command to change light settings. At one point, I could wave the thing around and get it to toggle through all 3 light settings without ever touching the tailswitch. Not good. I tugged at the rear spring in the rear cap to get it to keep more tension on the batteries and that seemed to help, but I still can't get this thing to stop doing it completely. A huge caveat for what is otherwise a nice light.